Sunday, July 08, 2012

Heat realted deaths in Chicago rises to 18

CHICAGO (STMW) – The death of eight more people in Chicago over the weekend have been attributed at least in part to heat-related causes, bringing the total of heat-related deaths in Cook County to 18, surpassing the total from last year.
MORE

*****

Every time I read or hear about heat related deaths in an urban area, I have to wonder 'Do these people not own fucking bathtubs?'
I can understand an elderly person succumbing to the heat, but if you'll follow the link in the story it gives a few that are middle aged that didn't have to die.
I would hope that my readers are a cut above your average 6th grader but I will throw this tip out there for you anyways:
Motherfuckers, if you start to overheat, fill your tub with cool water and climb in. It not only feels good but it cools your core temperature so that you'll continue to feel cool after you get out.