Pages


Saturday, September 29, 2012

"I cannot comment on that"?

The North Carolina mom of a 7-year-old girl with Down Syndrome is accusing a teacher of cutting off several inches of her daughter's beloved hair without her consent.
"Most of the time, she's always brushing her hair, always doing something with her hair," Jesslyn's mother, Jessica Stirewalp, told ABC News' Charlotte affiliate, WSOC-TV.
Stirewalp claims that a Millbridge Elementary School teacher in Rowan County, N.C., cut Jesslyn's hair in class on Friday.
"Her assistant teacher calls me and says, 'I hope you don't mind, but I cut your daughter's hair because she got food in it,'" Stirewalp said. "Of course, I got mad, but I asked her how much, and she said four inches."
Stirewalp says that she was shocked when Jesslyn got home from school.
"Instead of four inches, it was more [like] eight inches. And when she walked in the house, you could tell that she thought she was in trouble," Stirewalp told WSOC. "I mean, it hurts my feelings, and I know it hurts her feelings."

The mom said that she has heard conflicting explanations for why Jesslyn's hair was cut. She said the teacher initially told her on the phone that it was because of food in Jesslyn's hair. But a letter from the teacher said that Jesslyn wouldn't stop taking her hair down, so the teacher trimmed it, Stirewalp said.
When asked about the incident, school principal Christopher Smith told ABCNews.com, "I cannot comment on that." He directed questions to the Rowan-Salisbury School district spokeswoman, who did not respond to a request for comment.
Jesslyn's family said the haircut has changed the little girl.
"She would look at it and she would say, 'Pretty,'" her grandmother Mary Poole told WSOC. "She doesn't even get in front of the mirror anymore."
SOURCE

*****

Gotta call bullshit on the teacher. Sorry, I can't think of any food that warrant cutting. Wash it out, freeze it out or pull it out but don't cut it out. Why didn't she just send the little girl home?

14 comments:

  1. Sir Wirecutter, you forget Sir that these are Government Employees and what they say and do is for your betterment.
    Getting Government approved food in your unapproved hair is grounds to remove the unapproved hair. All Hail Obambi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give those two pieces of shit a huge ass dose of chemo so all their hair falls out and they puke their toenails up.

    Or send those rogue Amish dudes down there when they get out of jail to shave them.

    Terry
    Fla

    ReplyDelete
  3. There would be a lawsuit that would include everyone above the rank of assistant. That's absolute bullshit. If they cut my daughters hair like that, I would be meeting the principal off of school property.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking some true justice here would be to shave those idiot teachers heads and forbid them to wear a wig. A nice old fashioned US Army recruit buzz cut would work!

    Cruachan!

    Highlander ( which should give an idea of how I would handle said assult on my child)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meet the offender at the door and give her an involuntary hair cut with a very dull razor. Then issue a well earned beat down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a similar incident with my youngest when she was 8. Withing 24 hours, we were in an ARD meeting with the teacher, aide, principal, superintendent, counselor, Jay's special advocate, and our family lawyer. I have no idea how I managed to make it through the 2-hour meeting without crying, but at the end, the teacher was reassigned, the aide was working at Dairy Queen, and they don't mess with my kids anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well we know these libtard teachers know better that any of us commoners, if it was my child I'd probably be in jail............

    ReplyDelete
  8. She couldn't send the little girl home because the little girl doesn't know where she lives -- forgot her phone number and often times can not find the door leading out of the class room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure the school would have her contact information. Just sayin'......

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the same school district where some few months ago had a teacher who told a student it was illegal to say something disrespectful of the president. Sounds like they need a school board shake-up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I learned a long time ago that cuttin a young child's hair can lead to dire consequences.

    We were living in North Carolina when our daughter was 5 yrs old in Kindergarden. One day as my wife was leaving for work she told me to have our daughters hair trimmed after school.

    Took her to the mall where they had a salon. After putting her in the chair and telling the young beautician to "trim" her hair I went to the video store about 50 feet away. I was only gone 5 minutes and when I returned my daughter looked like a newbie Boot at Parris Island.

    Needless to say the old lady was not pleased. I had a serious time dealing with a month's worth of nagging and no sex.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Assd kickings need to become legal or at least be given out regularly again for such bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like criminal assault and battery under color of authority to me.

    Time for a good lawyer who takes no prisoners.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I comment on that?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.