Pages


Tuesday, October 02, 2012

And I always thought it was just a joke.....

Customers at the Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg, Ky., alerted authorities after they spotted something they probably wish they hadn't: restaurant employees wheeling roadkill back to the kitchen.
Local CBS affiliate WYMT interviewed the witnesses. The roadkill was apparently a deer stuffed into a trash can. "There was actually a blood trail they were mopping up behind the garbage can," customer Katie Hopkins said. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and a leg sticking out of the garbage can, and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."
Local health inspector Paul Lawson was called in to investigate. Lawson said the restaurant owners told him they didn't know they were doing anything wrong. "They said they didn't know they weren't allowed to do that. So that makes me concerned that maybe they could have before. They didn't admit to doing it before." The owner said he didn't plan to serve the deer to customers—instead he planned to use it to feed his family.
The restaurant has been temporarily shut down but will be eligible to reopen as soon as it passes another health inspection and proves it has been washed and sanitized.
SOURCE

6 comments:

  1. I have and do enjoy road kill but it is my choice when I endulge. Just one more reason I DO NOT eat at any chinese restaurants. How many stray cats can you count in their dumpsters behind the resturants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a freshly killed deer would be bad in what way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Venison is good, but once the Chinese get a hold of it, it will change in to something no longer filling. Doesn't matter how many trips you take through the buffet, you're going to be hungry again shortly after you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to go to my local chinese restaurant every Friday, while in college in Santa Barbara. One of my classmates from Indonesia was a waiter there. One morning I open up the Free Press to see they were busted the day before for having a german shepherd in their freezer!

    No more Friday happy hour and dinner at that place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work at a place directly across the street from a Chinese restaurant and every time it rains some guy comes out and scoops up at least two five gallon buckets full of water out of the ditch next to the road and takes it to the back of the restaurant. Needless to say,I don't eat there any more. Everybody that I work with has seen this happen. And I thought the Japanese people were fucked up. THPTHPTHPTHP!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.