Pages


Sunday, October 07, 2012

Good times

Got to thinking about shooting with Pops earlier and I remembered a couple of pictures I posted of him shooting my 41 magnum Blackhawk in a clearcut up near Long Barn.
It took my a while but I found them. The first picture is of him right before the gun went off (You can see the hammer back) and the second one is right afterwards in full recoil.
The loads were a heavyweight 280 grain gas checked wide flat nose hardcast bullet put out by Bear Bullets over a charge of 20 grains of H110 and a CCI large magnum pistol primer.


11 comments:

  1. Hey, you know I don't get all the gun talk, although it does sound really cool ;-)

    ...but these pictures are priceless

    ReplyDelete
  2. travelin lite and well heeledOctober 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM

    good pictures thanks for posting them

    wish i would have taken more pictures when my dad was still here
    i remember some good times
    i see him everytime i look in the mirror

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really nice that you've got photo's to go along with the memories. I surly wish that I had more photo's to go along with the memories that we built up over all the years.
    BTW... that (handloaded) round sounds like a bear stopper for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless your Pops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool having pics. Love the Blackhawk, mine is a .45. Ever use W296? Makes for some interesting plinkin.

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. MJ - I only use 3 powders fro that 41 and they are (in order) H110, 296 and 2400.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is he supporting the frame of the gun with his left hand under/alongside? That's a good way to lose fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darrell, he's using a modified Weaver on a slope.
    He knew more about shooting large caliber handguns than I could ever hope to.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.