Pages


Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Her first deer

Leigh writes:

Ken,
        This is my daughter's first deer. She's 14 and made one hell of a shot. As you can tell her Grandfather and myself were quite pleased. She learned the same way I did, by following him around the woods since being able to walk. It was a great way to end Thanksgiving Day!
Leigh



Well damn, Leigh! Sounds to me like both of y'all have a reason to be proud of her. Grandpa deserves a pat on the back for allowing the both of you to traipse behind him.
Thanks for sending them in.
-KennyLane

8 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like the chicks are showing up the dudes. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is like that first deer! I'm an ole man now, but still recall everything about that first one---the gun, the morning, and the excitment of the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cool. And not a single one of them did it with a rifle with a pink stock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leigh,
    You and her Papa ROCK! Keep up the good memories for her, she will always thank you for them, I know my three have to this day and at every family event. Damn good looking family too, congrat's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still trying to figure who looks prouder - her, Leigh or Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing...nothing like your first gut pile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys, she'll appreciate the kudos!

    As far as pride is concerned, I'd have to say it is a tie. Kathryn and my Dad worked all summer on her ground blind. Her gun handling skills are better than some grown men I know. Then she made a perfect uphill, quartering-away shot...didn't go any further than 50 yards. I was rather impressed with the performance of her 243, as well. Now she wants to get one with her bow! How great is that?

    Leigh Haines
    Whitehall, NY

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.