Pages


Wednesday, November 28, 2012

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

A sample of raw pork products from supermarkets around the United States found that yersinia enterocolitica, a lesser-known food-borne pathogen, was present in 69 percent of the products tested, according to a study released today by Consumer Reports.
The bacteria infects more than 100,000 Americans a year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, but for every case that is confirmed with a laboratory test, about 120 more cases escape diagnosis. Symptoms can include fever, cramps and bloody diarrhea.
MORE

*****

Bloody diarrhea is a small price to pay for a delicious ham dinner.

4 comments:

  1. Bloody diarrhea is a small price to pay for a delicious ham dinner.

    HAHAHHAHAH !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, the first time I was offered Mettbrutschen one morning in Germany, I said, "This is raw WHAT? Are you guys nuts?"

    This was met with, "Ah, you don't eat raw pork in America?"

    "Fellas, in the States, we have warnings AGAINST eating raw pork!"

    They said, "Ridiculous. It's the best thing to settle the stomach after a hard night of drinking."

    When I told 'em THIS was why they lost the war, they looked at me like I owed 'em money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always rinse well,any meat from the store (well, except for ground meat, D'oh!). I tend to cook my pork pretty well, and that helps too!

    After doing research on salmonella bacteria in local oysters a couple of years ago, I ate some raw ones the day before Tday last year. I got salmonella poisoning the next day, Tday! Crap! No pun intended, along with other bad symptoms.

    I haven't eaten a raw oyster since. But I want to dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarthurk -
    I used to eat shitloads of oysters. Then I ate a poison one. It was 9 years ago. It was the last oyster I ever ate, or will ever eat!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.