Pages


Monday, December 10, 2012

Your heroes, guys......

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) - The tragic story of former Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher seems to be having a profound effect on some players around the league.
Belcher, the Long Island native who fatally shot his girlfriend before turning the gun on himself on December 1, shook the football world upside down when he committed murder-suicide.
And now, players are taking action to prevent further unthinkable incidents from occurring.
During Week 14′s coverage of Football Night in America, Peter King reported that multiple NFL players have turned in their firearms as a result of the Belcher tragedy.
“I’ve been told that in the last seven days, at least seven players around the league have gone to their team’s security officers to turn in the firearms that they possess from their homes,” King said during the broadcast. “I’m also told that one of these players had multiple firearms, as Jovan Belcher did — he had eight … He told his security officer, ‘I don’t trust myself with these guns in the house. Please take them away.’”
MORE

*****

And this just goes to show that you don't have to be intelligent to play football.

12 comments:

  1. Unfuckingbelievable.

    Ya know, these are college grads. They are supposed to have some intelligence.

    Bob Costas can kiss my ass. Fucking douche.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things that irks the hell out of me, aside from the obvious stuff, is that they keep using the term "turn in". These aren't fucking library books we're talking about here -- it's not like they've borrowed them from the highly-trained Only Ones on the security staff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having taught athletes at the college level, I can assure you that the average 5th grader is better equipped for life outside the locker room. God forbid they keep their weapons and seek anger management counseling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how these guys feel almost everyday one of my guns just jumps up into my hands and tells me do something evil.Fuckin morons

    ReplyDelete
  5. seems like they should turn in the booze too. we dont hear shit from that mouse bob costas about the cowboy guy killing his buddy by being drunk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn, if that ain't the truth.

    Thought of you.

    Killing Coyotes 101 – Daytime and Night Hunting Problem Coyotes
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/killing-coyotes-101-daytime-and-night-hunting-problem-coyotes/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Brock!
    Unfortunately, night vision rifle scopes are illegal here in Kalifornia (I know, I know) so my night hunting is iffy at best. No moon, no hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I lived in San Clemente we had them come into yards and kill animals. One attacked a child also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Brock - football players?

    ReplyDelete
  10. :) Coyotes, the varmint kind. We also had coyotes, the Mexican kind.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I worked for San Diego PD down in the San Ysidro area, the illegals we rounded up for our buddies at Border Patrol were treated decently, but I saw several cans of mace emptied on coyotes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reminded me of the Cheech and Chong movie at the border in the refrigerator.:)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.