Pages


Saturday, January 05, 2013

It's a nap day today - got 3 or 4 planned.

Lazy day today. Taking a breather before I exhaust myself running all over the fucking state trying to catch some Big Ass Trout and making some fur fly.
I got to thinking last week that it's been a busy year between working, moving and getting married. I haven't shot a single coyote or caught a BAT in over a year. Then Pops up and dying on me didn't help matters any - it wasn't like most fuckers I know dying and everything back to normal after they go in the ground.
Going up to Lake McSwain Monday and Tuesday with my father-in-law because he's comfortable up there. I've never caught a BAT there before - I think the biggest trout I've ever caught there was 23 inches and just under 5 pounds - but they do have quite a few nice grilling trout.
I'm planning on a day trip to Melones for BATs on Wednesday or Thursday. I went up there a couple of years ago and caught a shitload of fish and kept the 3 largest, 3 trout totaling 17 pounds. I think the smallest one I caught that day was 15 inches.
After that, I'm not sure what I'm doing. We'll have to see how it rolls, you know?

9 comments:

  1. Good riddance and don't come back 'till you've passed all that "piss and vinegar"....Just enjoy yourself, all these assholes will be here waing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you're getting old when you start scheduling your naps. :-)
    I'm so glad your heading for the hills. Give them trout hell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO! Dam, wish i could, I do miss me some trout fishing in Calif. I seldom go fishing here in Florida. Yea yea I know supposed to be great fishing here, and there is but, I seem to have a knack for finding just the right spot NOT to catch. Go, Hahaha, and post a picture so I can give you crap about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. never caught a BAT at lake mcswain, only one 23 inches and 5 pounds? that is a BAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naw, gotta be at least 25 inches and more than 5 pounds to be a BAT, Steve.
    Caught my first one at the Rod & Gun Club lakes in K-Town while skipping Mr. Piccuchi's 8th grade Social Studies class. Do you remember him? Coolest teacher I ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wiserangel - you know you're old when you wake up thinking about the nap you're going to take.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first thing I do when I wake up is calculate the number of hours until bedtime. Do I make the cut?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My day is about the same man. I got a perimeter camera system for Christmas installing it today. 8 camera's motion activated infrared/day night vision can view from my TV/Monitor/and phone I'll be looking for some C4 to get my trip wires set up...Bastards come for my firearms they better bring waco type army...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Size doesn't matter.

    I've been assured on multiple occasions that this is the case, and I'm clinging to that.

    I'm off to the woods myself later next week. First time in seems like forever. Just for the day, but I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.