Pages


Thursday, February 28, 2013

My day

Man, I'm fucking beat tonight. I only loaded 17 trucks today and they were all real easy loads but the hostlers (the drivers that pull and replace our trailers) decided to stage a slowdown today. I'd load a truck, wait 15-20 minutes for a trailer, then load another one. Meanwhile, the next load is showing up at the door, getting mixed in with the load before it. I hate that shit, especially when I'm suffering because of somebody else's petty complaints.
But after 2 or 3 hours of it I realized there was nothing I could do about it and there was no sense getting pissed over something I had no control over. Fuck it, if I was going to put in a 16 hour day, I was going to put in a 16 hour day. Might as well make the most of it.
Unfortunately, my boss didn't see it that way. I was kicking back on the dock in front of an open door soaking up some 70 degree sun and my boss walks by and tells me "Shut that fucking door, you'll let birds and pests in." What the fuck? I was already in. So I told him "In a perfect world, man, there'd be a trailer backed into that door blocking them pests from coming in."
"CLOSE THE MOTHERFUCKING DOOR NOW!!!" He wasn't in the mood for any Wirecuttin' shit.
Damn. He was bringing me down, man.
I pulled the door down, he walked away and I pushed it back open again. I needed some warmth in my bones, you know? About 30 seconds later he came flying from behind a pallet and I swear he was frothing at the mouth. He jerked that door down so hard it bounced back up and popped off the rollers. Fuck, I was laughing my ass off. Motherfucker wouldn't shut now until they got maintenance over there to fix it.
He was glaring at me and finally walked off muttering to himself. I seem to have that effect on lots of folks for some reason.

4 comments:

  1. The best part of being a great worker is all the shit you are allowed to get away with. You, Mr. Lane, must be one outstanding employee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuckin A, man.

    Word Verification: titlsr . Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boss sounds like a weenie.
    Reason I finally started my own company-I don't play well with others.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.