Pages


Tuesday, July 14, 2020

My money's on arson by the anarchists

SAN GABRIEL, Calif. — A fire early Saturday destroyed the rooftop and most of the interior of a Catholic church in California that was undergoing renovation to mark its upcoming 250th anniversary celebration.

*

The cause of the fire was under investigation, Negrete said. He said the recent toppling of monuments to Junipero Serra, the founder of the California mission system who has long been a symbol of oppression among Indigenous activists, will be a factor in the investigation.
FROM HERE

5 comments:

  1. Yep, that's what I thought the second I saw this story. That it was the same crowd that's pulling down statues of Junipero Serra that lit this mission off.
    Cancel Culture = Cancel God, and destroy everything in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They've about run out CW and other so called oppressor statues to take down. It was only a matter of time before they moved on to Christian churches and symbols. I read a report recently about the vandalization of a statue to the Blessed Virgin in Boston. After they run out of those, they'll start coming for us. I can hardly wait.

    Nemo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The local MEChA and Atzlan crowd were feeling left out with all the media focus on BLM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course it's arson. Junipero Serro has been on a hit list for 30 years that I'm aware of and probably a lot longer. Now I'm sorry I didn't visit the church when I was in the neighborhood. I suspect there are those in Santa Clara and San Francisco that they didn't strike first. I wonder what the over/under is on the next mission fire.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.