Pages


Friday, August 24, 2012

On second thought.....

Lisa went into a shop this afternoon to pick something up so I bought something also. When we got home, I opened the package and found that the trinket I bought was broken so I grabbed the reciept and headed back down for an exchange. No big deal, shit happens, you know?
I explained to the owner the problem, gave him the reciept and smiled. He then pointed to the sign that said "No refunds or exchanges".
I quit smiling. "Naw, you don't want to be pissing me off now, man."
"Is that a threat you are making, Boss?"
"Yup. Uh-huh." I was looking around for shit to start breaking.
"Perhaps we can work something out. After all, it is not your fault." Turns out Hari the Hindu was a pretty reasonable guy after all.

9 comments:

  1. It's always good to negotiate these things ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, we sure are having fun with that Xanax ain't we now.........lmao

    ReplyDelete
  3. You spoke their language-force.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wirecutter, sometimes I laugh till I cry at the shit you do. Keep it up. It's the only real sanity left in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found that maintaining a calm demeanor while getting your point across is most effective.
    And yes, thank God for xanax, AngryMike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah it would be pretty bad if you tripped and took out a display case.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Xanax count, wirecutter? Got a friend who's offered to share just to keep the stories coming...

    ReplyDelete
  8. And the big mirror behind the display case, Doug. That would cover the 25 bucks I was out, huh?

    Wiserangel - I'm down to about 70 now, about another weeks' worth if I keep conserving them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're going to be so much fun when you run out. Did he give you any refills?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.