Pages


Sunday, January 27, 2013

Gun Laws and the Fools of Chelm

Karl Marx summed up Communism as “from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.” This is a good, pithy saying, which, in practice, has succeeded in bringing, upon those under its sway, misery, poverty, rape, torture, slavery, and death.
For the saying implies but does not name the effective agency of its supposed utopia. The agency is called “The State,” and the motto, fleshed out, for the benefit of the easily confused must read “The State will take from each according to his ability: the State will give to each according to his needs.” “Needs and abilities” are, of course, subjective. So the operative statement may be reduced to “the State shall take, the State shall give.”
All of us have had dealings with the State, and have found, to our chagrin, or, indeed, terror, that we were not dealing with well-meaning public servants or even with ideologues but with overworked, harried bureaucrats. These, as all bureaucrats, obtain and hold their jobs by complying with directions and suppressing the desire to employ initiative, compassion, or indeed, common sense. They are paid to follow orders.
Rule by bureaucrats and functionaries is an example of the first part of the Marxist equation: that the Government shall determine the individual’s abilities.
*
But where in the Constitution is it written that the Government is in charge of determining “needs”? And note that the president did not say “I have more money than I need,” but “You and I have more than we need.” Who elected him to speak for another citizen?
Excerpted from HERE

3 comments:

  1. Shades of Atlas Shrugged.

    I wonder do these fools really think the millions of American men who have plunked down thousands of dollars each on weapons the last few months are going to just say oh sure take em we don;t need em?

    Some rude awakening are on the horizon I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the point of government (or corporation, for that matter) actually being run by bureaucrats hits pretty close to the mark. "One size fits all" laws... how true, how true! And we all know how well "one size fits all" works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What "right" is the subject of the 2nd amendment?

    The pre-existing natural right to self ownership and all morally acquired property.

    The gov't doesn't give out rights, it has no authority to do so, nor can it take them.

    Rights are pre-existing and eternal.

    I don't give one damn about the 2nd amendment because it has nothing to do with me.

    It simply states a fact about my natural rights and then declares that the gov't has no authority to interfere with my natural rights.

    This is kid stuff folks but not simple enough for some so it seems.

    I don't care if people understand it, they get to do whatever they want.

    But if anyone ever tries to harm me or take my property, no matter who there are, I will do everything I can to prevent that from happening.

    I will not beg, barter, negotiate, or even entertain a discussion about my rights.

    I have the know how and the hardware for protecting myself at all times. God help the motherfucker that ever accosts me for I have absolutely zero patience for anyone that disregards basic human respect and decency.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.