Pages


Monday, May 18, 2020

I'm shocked - shocked, I say...

SANTA ANA (CBSLA) — Pointing a gun right at a gas station clerk, a man in a traffic vest and a ball cap demanded money as his accomplice, wearing a mask, grabbed the cash.

“We’re sitting here not knowing who’s going to walk through that door,” Elias Khawan, the owner, said.

The thieves, who did not initially raise the clerk’s suspicion due to local orders for face coverings in light of the coronavirus pandemic, took off in a silver Nissan Altima last Friday at 2 a.m.
MORE

*****

Right before they closed the bank lobby down, I was standing in line and a woman walks in with a mask on her face and a pistol on her hip and nobody batted an eye. God bless Macon County.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm still figuring out if I should mask up and open carry here in Kentucky. Because wearing a mask and carrying a concealed weapon is illegal here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pulled up to the bank window last week with a black mask, dark glasses, and black ball cap. "What can we do for you today, sir?" I replied "How much cash can I get?". She didn't bat an eye.

    Then I think back to a coast run half a dozen years ago, when I went into a bank to get some cash, and the manager, Karen, came screeching out of her office vociferously insisting I remove my shades. Her own employee had to calm her dumb ass down, and tell her they were prescription glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My every day prescription glasses are heavily tinted. I do keep an old pair of untinted ones in the truck for night driving though.

      Delete
  3. When all I had for a mask,I switched my Browning High Power out for a Ruger Blackhawk. It seemed like the right thing to do

    Dennis the librarian shusher

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.