Pages


Monday, June 08, 2020

In answer to several reader's questions.....

I've gotten a few questions from readers wondering if I ran into any problems with protesters in Nashville.

No, not at all. I figured there was a very good possibility that there would be some problems so I took an AR shorty with 10 magazines as well as my 45. While I sure didn't want any problems, if we got held up by a mob and they attacked my truck with my wife in it, I was going to make it newsworthy for them.
But we didn't run into any problems or hostility whatsoever. It was a smooth trip down there and back both times.

When we got to the hospital that first day, they would only let 2 people per patient into the hospital at a time, so I let Lisa and her youngest son go in while I parked my ass on a bench right outside the entry way with my book for 5 solid fucking hours. During that time, every single youngster and black person that passed by me had a smile and pleasant greeting for me. Matter of fact, several of them shared my bench with me and we had some delightful conversations. If it wasn't for the circumstances of me being there, it would've been a very enjoyable day.

4 comments:

  1. Most people are decent people. They want change, but they understand destruction and (thankfully very little) death only makes things worse. They want a better world, not one where their favorite stores, restaurants, and neighborhoods are burnt out hulks.

    All it takes is a few mentally deficient and/or evil people to stir up a mob. I watched many of the early daytime lootings. The first person to break windows or doors was often a black clad white person. Watch the Oreilly Auto Store window breaker with the umbrella for an example. He provided an opening, and a bunch of criminals took advantage, then the stupid, impulsive members of the mob took over. Then some fire starting nut finished it. The plice didn't stop it because they were scared and out manned, not just by the looters, but the mass of supposedly peaceful protesters nearby.

    That is the reason overwhelming force works. The large number of Police and National Guard scare away the criminals and the trouble makers like Antifa. The bad have no chance to loot and burn. They will not act up in a peaceful daytime protest, because there are enough LEO and NG to find them and detain them.


    ReplyDelete
  2. waitingForTheStormJune 8, 2020 at 6:50 AM

    I am glad that your trip was noneventful. The rules that the medical facilities are putting in place down there border on the ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goebbels would be proud of how the media have constructed the narrative on the past week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things went as well as they could, under the circumstances!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.