Pages


Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Vietnam Veterans Reunite More Than 50 Years

Two Texans who served their country together have reunited after more than 50 years apart.

Delbert Johnson of Conroe, near Houston, and David Anderson of Navarro County both grew up in small Texas towns.

“Two guys who had never traveled much out of town,” said Johnson.

They first met in their late teens during basic training at Fort Hood in 1966. Johnson was drafted with several other men from his town but never went through service with any of them. Anderson was the only person he stayed with through to the finish.
MORE

3 comments:

  1. I've been trying to find a long lost buddy that served with me at NAS NFLD Canada from 65-67. I've tried searching his name in the area of the country he was from to no avail, including obits. He may be deceased. I just don't know.

    Any one out there know of any free sites where I might have better luck?

    Nemo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try FB. I've found 3 of my old army buddies that way. You can also search the SS Death index to see if he's still alive, although that search can be very tedious, especially if you don't know his birth date.
      You can also try emailing the VFW American Legion to see if he's a member. They won't give you his contact info but they'll probably pass on yours if he is a member.

      Delete
  2. Well.....I sure remember the Black soldiers I served with in the post Vietnam Army (mid 1970's). We did a lot of hard field duty in Germany with our Pershing missiles, training and live pad.I thought of them as my brothers and loved them as brothers.I miss them. We very much got along.

    I am glad these two Vietnam Vets were able to see each other again!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.