Pages


Monday, August 03, 2020

Life in the Big City

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — In only a few months, a man’s car has been targeted by burglars three times. The would-be thieves have never found anything valuable but they’ve left the man with hundreds in repairs.

“For these three incidents I’m probably close to $700 dollars in repairs for my car,” said Trey Tollison.
MORE

*****

That reminds me of Amsterdam where I was told to just park with my windows down if I didn't want them broken out. Fucking junkies would even steal the spare tire.

4 comments:

  1. Once appoint a time, mid 70s-80s, there was a place in New Orleans called the Warehouse. At the time anyone and everyone who played rock music played there, if you've listened to the ZZ Top album Fandango side one was recorded live there, it was a great concert. Well the Warehouse was an old timber framed wharf building in the working district and not the best neighborhood. So the little black boys, 8 to 12 year olds, would watch your car for a quarter mister, the protection money was worth every bit of that quarter, we would sometimes give them a little tip when we returned, those that didn't pay regretted their foolish decision.
    Young and dumb.. Good times...
    JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I visited Amsterdam they warned us about the "Krakenrollers" (translation: pickpockets).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son had that problem when he moved to Nashville. one night he laid out on the deck and watched, SKS in hand. He pocked the asphalt next to the bad guys foot and problem was solved. Fortunately none of the neighbors heard anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Years ago, when I bought my first townhouse, I lived in a "changing neighborhood". My designated parking spot was in the alley. I lost six car stereos in two years.

    Well, not exactly "lost". Pried out with a screwdriver, which meant a new window, a new radio and a new dashboard. They left the big two-handed screwdriver behind the last time. I still have it. Bastards.

    We moved.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.