Pages


Friday, September 04, 2020

A Hilarious Loyalty Oath - STM

In my most recent article, “How Empires Live and Die“, I had promised that my next article would describe one way in which the US empire will disintegrate into ethnostates. But, upon return from a recent business trip, I encountered something so relevant to that previous article that I had to post this article first. In the Empires article I mentioned that Janissaries (locals embued with empire mythology and then returned to an area to herd the locals to the empire’s interests) would someday be encouraged to make public loyalty oaths. I did not anticipate that this public loyalty oath would extend to other groups as well. Imagine my surprise when I opened my September edition of “Shipmate”, the official Naval Academy alumni magazine, to find exactly such a loyalty oath from some of my ’88 classmates. This one, however, is so childish and naive that the reader can’t help but smile!

The content, reprinted in that edition of Shipmate under the class of ’88 section, can also be found at medium.com, linked for its illuminating backstory context, and edited for formatting for this page:
MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.