Pages


Friday, October 30, 2020

Well, I'll be damned...

GALLATIN, Tenn. (WKRN) – A historic site with dozens of haunted stories. 

The historic Rose Mont house in Gallatin has been a place of spooky stories for decades. 

“I think it’s four that are here all the time from different generations, but we seem to be almost like a battery, it coincides with lightning strikes and storms,” Site Director Eli Geery said. 

Judge Josephus Conn Guild built Rose Mont in the mid 1800s. The Guild family lived the property until 2005. 

*****

I've driven past this house at 810 S. Water street several times and never knew the historical significance to it.  I've never even noticed the sign in front of it until I just now went to Google Earth street view to get a look at it.

3 comments:

  1. I have never seen a ghost, but I have seen a photograph of one, a woman in a high-collar 19th century dress. Anybody who saw the picture would say, "Dang! That's a ghost!" The woman was possibly poisoned by another, jealous woman. A good story, with an educated young woman from a wealthy St. Louis family who married a man from a small Northeast Texas town in the 1880s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I shit some ghosts once when I cleared out a Texaco premium car wash. I could tell my stomach and digestive track was all jacked by the rumbling and gurgling going on. I barely made it to the toilet when the gates of hell opened and demon ghosts were tearing out my ass. I say that because a young kid came in and tried to make it to a urinal while I was having the exorcism and he pffft pffft ‘damn dude something crawled up and died in you’. Then an older gent came in took two steps and gagged and said ‘dear god’ and ran out. When I finally rid myself of the demons and wiped the tears from my eyes, I finally gasped for breath and made a straight shot to the door. Cautiously I opened the door expecting someone to be standing there wanting to see the host of the devil doo, but nobody was there. I walked down the hallway of windows where you can see your car going through and when I got to the waiting area it was empty. Apparently my ghosts nearly made everyone sick and were was outside milling around and some watching the door. I could not find my wife either. I made a quick exit to the back entrance where the cashier was. She was standing at the door holding it open while I, red faced and grinning, swiftly walked out and discretely made my way out front. My wife didn’t want to be seen with me after I cleared out the waiting room and was waiting on the other side of our car. That ghost comes back every now and then but it has never cleared another retail business.
    MadMarlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? You didn't have time to stop by the self-serve hot dog machine?

      Delete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.