Pages


Wednesday, November 25, 2020

And over in Robertson County.....

ORLINDA TENNESSEE: (Smokey Barn News) – It was a busy night for area firefighters as they worked to contain a woods and grass fire late Thursday. 

The fire, which started around midnight, was situated in a wooded area between Youngville Rd, Fred Perry Rd, and McPherson Rd. 

*****

It's common around here for people to pile up a bunch of wood or leaves, douse it with gas, light it off and..... walk away. Myself, I still get a shiver down my back when I see smoke curling up, especially in a wooded area. Must be all the years I spent in California.

5 comments:

  1. I lived there for 30 years. I remember the first time San Diego caught fire and the wife fled to Oregon. The next year it caught fire again but no wife. I would not have dreamed that wind driven flame could make it across a 16 lane highway but it did. Oddly I15 didn't look different and none of the buildings burned because the fire was moving way too fast,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not all of us are that way, Ken. I was a sailor, & fire is a terror to us--aboard ship, after all, there's nowhere to run.
    I never leave a burn site, whether a brush/trash burn or just a campfire, without ensuring it's out. I know you knew that--I'm not so sensitive I thought it was aimed at all of us. That snowflake shit is for leftists.
    --Tennessee Budd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shit, I can't even burn my garden off in January to get rid of the weeds without almost burning my place down.

      Delete
    2. Lmao, did you ever throw the jeans away? I know it wasn’t funny while you trying to put it out, but it made for good reading.
      MadMarlin

      Delete
    3. I cut the legs off and made shooting sandbags out of them.

      Delete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.