Pages


Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Sumner and Montgomery Counties extend mask mandates

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — Two middle Tennessee counties announced the extension of mask mandates. 

Both Sumner County and Montgomery County mayors released the announcements Friday afternoon.

 ***** 

My in-laws live in Portland, Sumner County so I'm there once a week visiting, and you sure can't tell there's a mask mandate there. People are ignoring it just like they do here in Macon County. 
Gallatin, the county seat which is about 15 miles to the south is a different story though. People wear those fucking things even when they're driving.

8 comments:

  1. I generally ignore the mask rules unless I don't feel like arguing or there is a necessary (and I really mean necessary) service I need done. At the local Wally world, they are sort of lax about enforcement; but, then, the employees are local folks and mostly think it is BS also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I start to put a mask on as I'm walking past the Walmart greeter whose job forces him/her to point out that masks are required, but by the time I walk past the Subway shop 20 feet inside, the mask is in my pocket. I've never had anybody give me a hard time for not wearing one.

      Delete
    2. Yesterday I saw an ad in the blogspace which urged people to wear a mask. It was a picture of a 20something brown girl with shitty hair wearing a mask. The caption read, Join the movement! Then in that mildly threatening language familiar to millennial revolutionaries, the ad said, We are everywhere you will be.

      Delete
  2. Kinda digging these masks, they keep my face warm when I go out in a cold wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://thefederalist.com/2020/10/29/these-12-graphs-show-mask-mandates-do-nothing-to-stop-c
    These 12 Graphs Show Mask Mandates Do Nothing To Stop COVID

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use a, crusty old jock strap. I've got stenciled on the front: "Barnvsille High/ Football/ Class of 1959". That get's me some attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in Montgomery county, and even voting this morning, there were plenty of us without masks, and nobody else even blinked. As a matter of fact, there were people getting in line with masks, looking around and seeing all the ones without, and removing there's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mask is a symbol of oppression. Anybody who does not know that is a Democrat.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.