Pages


Friday, March 05, 2021

Tennessee's Senate Judiciary passes bill to allow permitless carry of handguns

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — Tennessee's Senate Judiciary voted to pass a bill that would allow for permitless carry of a handgun in Tennessee. What is commonly called constitutional carry is already legal in 12 states with Tennessee potentially becoming number 13. 

The controversial bill passed on a 7-2 party line vote. Both the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Tennessee Sheriff's Association opposed the bill. 

*****

I got a kick out of the Memphis Police Director saying 'it would make his city less safe'.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize Memphis was safe on any level. After all, last weekend they had six gun murders according to this article HERE.

7 comments:

  1. When a democrat says less sfe, they mean less safe for the criminals - which includes them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the wording used....

    Senate Judiciary passes bill to allow

    ALLOW !?!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A whole lifetime ago, I used to supply a certain tribal elder in Orange Mound with his.....greenery. If I wasn't on a run hook him up, there was no fucking way you would catch me there. Back in that day, MPD had a containment protocol for The Mound, didn't go in there except in overwhelming numbers. As long as they kept their shit inside in check, MPD stayed on the perimeter.

    I purposely avoid Mempho like the plague these days. Shits gotten as bad as Chicongo.

    Fairplayjeepguy

    ReplyDelete
  4. “The controversial bill”
    What exactly is controversial? People having freedom?

    ReplyDelete
  5. MPD Director just parroting the party line in this DEEP BLUE CITY. Yes I am a former MPD and I still live here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "After all, last weekend they had six gun murders according to this article"

    Sorry but no. No such thing as a "gun murder", just like there's no such thing as "gun violence". Don't fall into using the left's made up terminology. Murder is murder, regardless of the choice of weapon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use the Left's terminology, the author of the article did. If you expect me to only run articles that use the correct terms 100% of the time, I might as well close up shop.

      Delete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.