Pages


Friday, April 30, 2021

Commentary: I No Longer Recognize My Hometown of Minneapolis

Minneapolis is my home. My happiest memories are here. It’s where I learned to ride a bike, had my first date, received my high school diploma. 
But today, I’m too afraid to even walk in my neighborhood by myself. 
The ACE Hardware down the street? The one that I used to bike to in the summer? Robbed twice in the past five days. 
The Walgreens next to my elementary school? Molotov cocktail thrown into it. 
The Lake Harriet Bandshell, where we spent countless Mother’s Days? Homeless encampment popped up next door. 
These are the things you don’t read about in the news.

6 comments:

  1. NYC is circling the same toilet bowl.

    God help us. There are no cooler heads anymore. I hope Cuomo gets executively castrated tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My maternal grandfather was from Minneapolis. My mother use to spend summers out there. About 20 years ago my wife and I were visiting my Great-Uncle John in Bloomington (adjacent to Minneapolis). Asked for directions to the house where grandfather was born. "Oh, that's the Somali neighborhood. They don't let Whites in there." Fuck you, Bill Clinton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minnesotans get what you deserve. You voted for the elected officials that brought you this shithole called Minneapolis OR you sat on your hands and did nothing OR you didn't votes. You will get no sympathy from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suck it up and move on, man. That's all one can do. My whiteopia high school is now a fenced in war zone. As much as I'd like to show my kids that and the houses I grew up in it would be much safer not to. The world can suck, it ain't fair and watch your six.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just an opinion grounded in factual and observable results from all major cities (and nearly 50 state capitals) the societal degradation has occurred ON PURPOSE! The people we elect to represent us local, state, and federal are purposefully making decisions that degrade, divide and harm us. They are enemy within.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.