Pages


Friday, January 14, 2022

The Branch Covidians Are Basically the Same as the Heaven's Gate Cultists (Except Not as Nice)

I have HBO Max. I love it. Out of all the streaming services, HBO Max gives the best content for the money, in my opinion. Maybe it’s because I’m a documentary junkie, and the documentaries on HBO Max are plentiful. I recently binged Heaven’s Gate: The Cult of Cults and could not believe the similarities between them and the true believers of the cult I’ve come to call the Branch Covidians. 

I’m not talking about the people who are going along with the regulations because they’re trying to survive, nor the ones who got the vaccine to keep a job, nor even the ones who don a mask to go grocery shopping. The Branch Covidians are much more insidious than that. These are the people for whom it is not enough to slavishly conform with every directive (“I put my cloth mask over my N95!”) despite COVID having a 99% survival rate. No, these people demand that everyone else also conforms to every dictatorial decree that comes down from on high like a message from God. The second coming of Christ took the form of Anthony Fauci to these people.

5 comments:

  1. Truer words have never been written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! 100 million epidemiologists out there who know how to “cure” us

    Paul J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have HBO Max but seldom watch it, maybe a weekend of Sopranos and Branch Covidians, uh Heaven's Gate is in order
    JD

    ReplyDelete
  4. REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! It's like totally not a cult!

    Steve in Ky

    ReplyDelete
  5. these people, b/c's, have no life thus feel the need to insert themselves into our lives. but hell, not even the waitresses are masking now here. the local food lion cashiers still do though. people are beginning to say hello to each other again. maybe there is hope yet.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.