Pages


Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Driving around stoned, next thing you know there's a horse on your hood

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WBKO) - A Lewisburg man was charged Wednesday after striking a horse and buggy in Logan County. 

Daniel Pierson, 25, was charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence, drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and trafficking marijuana after police responded to the 6500 block of Morgantown Road in reference to a wreck where a vehicle hit a horse and buggy.

*****

I see a fair amount of horse and buggies around here - not every day but enough to where I watch my speed and keep an eye out for them when I'm on roads they mostly use.

5 comments:

  1. Between here and Bowling Green are a lot of old time country roads. They are narrow and winding, but are pleasant drives because they are lined by trees, canopied in some areas. It is a pleasant drive. But, there are places where the Amish frequent and you have to be on your toes. When we go there, we are careful and drive more slowly than when I first moved here; but slowing down in general has been sort of the new routine. I love country life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My buddy Woody lives 10 miles from here and it takes me 30 minutes to get there because of those roads. I love it.

      Delete
  2. There are a good number of amish families living around me. Seem nice, always polite when interacting, keep to themselves for the most part.

    They make for good neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lot of Amish here in southern Missouri. SOP to watch out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched an Amish family in a single-horse buggy cross 4 lanes of busy traffic near downtown Elizabethtown, KY. in order to make a left turn. (It was right across from the Hospital.) Traffic pretty much just opened up and let them through.

    He was definitely a braver man than I am. I wouldn't have tried that maneuver in my truck.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.