Pages


Friday, July 01, 2022

Monroe County man recovering after run-in with venomous snake

MONROE COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) — A Monroe County man had an unexpected and unwanted encounter with wildlife in his own yard. 

Jeffrey Wilkins never thought he would encounter a venomous snake in his freshly cut grass, as copperheads can usually be found in rocky or wooded areas.

*****

I've only seen (and killed) one copperhead since I've been here, and it was right up against the house. For sure I've seen a hell of a lot more venomous snakes in California than I have here.
I figure being snakebit here is pretty rare seeing as this story made the news.


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was bitten by a copperhead while cutting grass in WV in 1988. Wasn't a big deal. I was bitten by a copperhead in Georgia last year. No big deal. I've been in Georgia for last 16 years. Killed at least a dozen copperheads around my house. Two large timber rattlers and many small ones. I tend to watch when walking outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ran over a copperhead with the lawnmower and stepped right over the fucker.
    Good thing he only seemed interested in getting the fuck away from those nasty vibrations.
    One of the less-deadly venomous snakes.

    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bit by Rattlesnake? Odds are good you survive. Bitten by copperhead? You are DEAD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh? Where are you from? Copperheads have a weak venom, a hell of a lot weaker than a rattler's.
      FROM THE ARTICLE: "According to TWRA, death from a copperhead bite is extremely rare."

      Delete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.