Pages


Monday, November 07, 2022

Big Country's fundraiser to Save Adriana Grace

It's still going on, folks.
This whole deal has turned out to be much more time consuming and expensive that most of us figured on.
There's been trip after trip from Florida to Tennessee for court hearings and lawyer appointments, all of which cost money for gas, rooms, meals. etc. The reason for all those trips is because for some ungodly reason the State of Tennessee decided that it's better for the child to remain in the family of the fucked up baby daddy in Tennessee instead of letting her go home to Florida with BCE and Gretchen who actually care for her. I mean, what  difference does it make which State she's in as long as she's in a loving home with folks that actually put her needs and welfare first?
Fuck man, if I was the judge the hearing might've lasted all of five minutes. I would've addressed the biological parents with something along the lines of, "Y'all are some fucked up people. You should be shot but I'm banishing you two to Portland Oregon instead. The baby stays. Get the fuck out of my courtroom." Then I'd have asked BCE and Wifey, "You folks got a car seat? Some toys to keep her amused on the ride home? Money for ice cream?" and that would've been fucking it. How hard would that have been?
Unfortunately, I'm not the judge.

The first attorney they hired to represent them in Tennessee didn't do shit. Nothing. So they fired him and hired an Aggressive Female Attorney (AFA) to represent them. Even she was shocked at what the first lawyer didn't do. That cost more money. If she's a very good attorney, the cost goes up even more.

Then in an effort to appease the court with that out-of-state bullshit and also to save on traveling expenses, they picked up and moved to Tennessee, temporarily at the moment. I don't need to tell a single one of you how expensive moving is between moving truck rentals, the first and last month's rent, security deposit, getting the utilities turned on and the cost of furnishings. It adds up very quickly. We're talking several thousand bucks here.

What I'm getting at is Big Country and Gretchen have dug in and stacked magazines, ready for the fight no matter how long it's going to take and how much it's going to cost.
We can help. A few bucks out of our budget isn't going to kill us but it can help to save that child. She deserves better than becoming a ward of the State or living with relatives that really don't give a shit about her.
If you'd like to donate, you can do so HERE. If you're not in a good spot and can't help monetarily, a kind thought and a prayer would be most appreciated.



19 comments:

  1. Big Country has my prayers no matter what. I went through this bullshit for almost 5 years for my son fighting with his drunk 304 mother.

    If I can pull up a little extra scratch, just let us know where it has to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit the 'HERE' link at the bottom of my post. It'll direct you to the GiveSendGo page for her.

      Delete
    2. This is Gretchen Adrianas grandmother. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your post. This has been a emotional and stressful struggle for us now for a few months. We are determined to continue this heart wrenching fight for our beautiful grandbaby. Your post has ment the world to us. Thank you just isn't enough.

      Delete
    3. You're quite welcome, Gretchen. I wish I could do more. I'm not a kid person, but I do know this child needs the stable environment that you and your husband can provide.
      I wish you luck and happiness.

      Delete
  2. i'm praying and have been since I heard about this. Times like this, I wish I was rolling in dough and could cough up the total without effort. AG needs better than what she is getting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no Justice in most courtrooms now. Especially Family Court. Here in small town Texas the people that bring charges in Family Court is usually CPS (Child Protective Services). I was talking by the building where CPS is located here and 4 short, fat ladies walked out sporting bowl cut hairdos. They were the CPS workers. Each one looked like a bull dyke. I bet none of them have kids. And I bet they bring child neglect charges against 'normal' families. In fact I know this is the case based on a two normal families that used to live near me. They had hell with CPS. And one really screwed up family nearby where both parents were crackheads were deemed fit and good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. donated, go save your girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donated; a special place in heaven for her grandparents, and in hell for those opposing her rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have given before, and wish that I could afford to give again. I am on a fixed income, and always try and sneak a few dollars out to one charity each month. I can't do more than one, and risk my finances. It sucks, but due to my being limited, I must be cautious. I will try and send at least something next month.
    I spent much of my life in debt, with the rest of America. It was only in the past 10 or so years that I learned to stop that behavior, and I won't borrow money for any reason. To be able to do that, I have to be ruthless at times, but the advantages are worth it. And you must know that my prayers for Big Country have not stopped since I came to know about the horror that they ended up in. As a divorced parent who did not get to raise my 3 biological children, my heart breaks with BC and his wife. Knowing how the little girl is being raised, anyone who has ever raised a child themselves knows that it is in her best interests to have her go with Big Country and his wife, to be raised in a loving home, with stability and those who love her. I know that the Lord hears our prayers, and that He will always answer them. I pray that His answer will be to allow the girl to move in with the people who love her and will do their best to bring her up in a loving and responsible home, giving her the best chance at a real life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He'd do better if he was more clean in his updates and statements...less invective, less sland, less insults. Just simple statements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think too many people base their willingness to help a child on somebody's writing style.

      Delete
    2. it goes to trust, or at least the idea that he is trustworthy. BTW, I donated a hundred bucks weeks ago when the fund raiser first came out.

      Delete
  8. Some states do not recognize grandparents rights. RI is one, Maybe these other states have the same issue. Also, women are still the protected party in family court, regardless of their actions. Just saying, fighting for what is right is good…but it might be pointless and an endless money suck especially if you’re using l(iar)awyers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The child is in the other grandmother's hands at the moment, so that's a mute point. And I have to say, anybody that would step foot into a courtroom without a lawyer (or in the case of small claims court, without consulting with one) is a fool. I've always said to hire the best lawyer you cannot afford.

      Delete
  9. I have gone through the legal wringer with my own child.
    (CPS is NOT a child friendly organization)
    The system is NOT designed to help or protect children, that is where we as adults MUST step in.
    Is BCE perfect? No, Then again I'm no where near perfect, but there has been only One and he gave us this last Commandment:
    "Love one another"

    I put my money where my heart is, At times I wish I could change this world...
    But I do everything I can to protect my Son, and all of the children.
    Prayers for Adriana and the entire BCE Family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The TN family court system is as much of a bad joke as any other I have heard. I know a young guy that is being dragged over the coals and being practically bankrupted by a bitch that flagrantly violate the court orders of visitation rights with no negative consequences at all. All because the kid went out in the woods and got poison ivy once. It is all a racket to support the courts and the lawyers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sadly you can't pawn a heart of gold, or the family could hire Allen Dershowitz. I don't know anyone who has read of this and hasn't jumped on board whether with prayers or other support. I had to see BCE and Gretchen's plight posted twice before I really dug in and read about it. Best we can do is spread the word wide. Sunshine is still the best disinfectant out there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I donated awhile ago, then took one for the team when herself was battering me about the credit card. fuggit. I went and donated again. I'll deal with her.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.