Pages


Friday, November 11, 2022

I've been that fucked up before

FRANKLIN, Tenn. (WZTV) — A Thompson's Station man was arrested for driving under the influence in a Chick-fil-A parking lot. 

The City of Franklin reported that 32-year-old Paul Pratt faces multiple charges after hitting a parked car and several curbs in a busy Berry Farms Chick-fil-A parking lot Friday afternoon.

*****

No really, I have.
I got busted for a DUI in 1982 while sitting in the drive thru lane, after I ordered my food, of the Burger King on McHenry Avenue in Modesto, CA.
I had closed the bar and was headed home when the brakes on my '68 Fury hard-pedaled on me causing me to run the red light. I figured, fuck it, I have the munchies anyway, so I continued on my way to grab a bite, apparently not noticing the red and blue flashing lights behind me for the next mile or so.
I ordered my food, pulled forward, and was startled by the nice policeman tapping on my window and asking if I thought I could back that fucking tank out of there without hitting anything.
I was surprised as hell when I blew a .24 - I didn't think I was all that fucked up. The cop was cool about it, too - I used to finish a beer, crush the can, and shove it under the front seat. When he started digging them out while doing the 'inventory', he was laughing his ass off, telling me that technically he could he could also write me up for 20 something counts of opened containers. We laughed and laughed.....

6 comments:

  1. .24 ? Was that twice the limit back then? Seems like .24 couldn’t catch as buzz. Or was that just me?

    1982. We wuz kings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got popped in February or early March. In January they had dropped the threshold from .1 to .08 and increased the penalty from a $350 fine to $750, 2 mandatory days in jail and a DUI class.

      Delete
  2. I got mine after a big night out when the clutch cable broke & I bumped into the cop in front of me at a red light. Might not have been so bad but it was a motorcycle cop. He was not amused. Longest I ever spent in jail, Friday night to Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supposedly true. A guy said he pulled into a drive in window and ordered a Big Mac, large fry and a coke. Soon cop cars converged on him. He soon discovered he was parked at a toll booth. Now that's drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A guy where I grew up tried to place an order at the sally port of the cop shop. They came out and then brought him in for the night.
    Buddha

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the good old days the cops would look out for us poor drunks. I had a friend that got stuck in a ditch, went up to a house for help and they made him get on his knees and convert from his Catholicism to Baptist, Then they called the cops. And the cop took him home. But then Mothas against Drunk Driving happened.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.