Pages


Tuesday, November 29, 2022

No more FedEx for you!

BROOKHAVEN, Miss. (AP) — A father and son have been indicted by a grand jury after allegedly chasing and shooting at a FedEx driver in January after he dropped off a package in a Mississippi city. 

Brandon and Gregory Case, who are both white, were re-arrested Friday and indicted for attempted first-degree murder, conspiracy and shooting into the vehicle of D’Monterrio Gibson, who is black. The charges were upgraded from conspiracy and aggravated assault.

*****

Gee, if only FedEx had attached a company placard to the side of that delivery van.....

5 comments:

  1. Stupid Shits. This makes me sad to be a Redneck. I mean I’m dumb but I can figure out that you coulda held him until the cops showed up without actually shooting him. Sure, sure, they were drunk, but so am I and I’m going to work as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The local paper there has a better write-up on this story than Yahoo does. In the third paragraph, they state that the truck did have a FedEx placard on it.

    https://www.dailyleader.com/2022/11/21/father-son-charged-with-attempted-murder-in-fed-ex-driver-shooting/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn. Second paragraph first sentence and we already know the color of the perps. Yahoo is really trying to make a difference I see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost got my ass kicked by a UPS driver many years ago. My brother-in-law from NJ used to refer to UPS drivers as "Brown Bunnies" because of their uniforms. My 4 year old daughter picked up on it. We were living in NC at the time. My daughter and I were in a local mall when she spotted a UPS driver who happened to be Black. She pointing at the dude and yelled out for all to hear :"Daddy it's a Brown Bunny". I could tell by the sneer on his face he didn't seem to get the "real" message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. " D’Monterrio"?
    Damn, I'm glad they told us he's black. We might never have guessed otherwise.
    -- Tennessee Budd

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.