Pages


Thursday, January 25, 2024

The Legendary KABAR WW2 Fighting Knife

 The KA-BAR is the most famous knife from World War 2. Created in order to feed the American war machine, the KA-BAR fighting utility knife was issued to massive numbers of US marines and sailors throughout the Pacific. The KA-BAR quickly developed a reputation for a rugged do-it-all survival knife. Need to open a ration? No problem! Dig a fox hole? Absolutely! Close quarters combat with the enemy? Bring it on! The KA-BAR has become so well known that it has a near mythical status, so much so that the company that created it changed its name to match: KA-BAR!

VIDEO HERE  (13:39 minutes)

9 comments:

  1. riverrider762@gmail.comJanuary 25, 2024 at 5:00 PM

    carried one for 30 years during my career. never let me down. doubt a new one would hold up though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got a KaBar Bowie. Of course, it's more like a small machete, and sharper than f*ck
    Frank G

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you too can own one: https://www.kabar.com/products/9226

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always buy my two sons an American made knife for Xmas two yrs ago they got Ka-bars, they really liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. in 1944 Chicago, my Father's Metals shop class made Ka-Bars as they all wanted to get into the war. 6 weeks after graduation the war ended. Can you imagine high school kids making Ka-Bars today. They'd kill each other. they'd kill everybody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL The high schoolers today would likely maim themselves long before they had a workable blade

      Delete
  6. We'd go to the rear for a few days an get wasted. Used to sit near the perimeter and throw kabars at the rats running around the sandbags.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still have my K-Bar and sheath that was issued to me by the USMC as I served 22 months in Vietnam. After 54 years of use, it remains intact and effective as the day is was issued.

    I had a young smart-ass ask me if I ever killed anybody with it?, My response was, "Not Yet", "you could be the first". He kept his mouth shut for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Family gave me one for my birthday last year. I love it. It stays in my hunting bag.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.