Pages


Friday, March 08, 2024

Nasty fuckers

People cared less about smelling great when they were confined to their homes for months on end during the COVID-19 pandemic. That’s probably why people cut down the time they spent on their daily self care—including using deodorants. 

But now deodorants are making a comeback—and it’s thanks to employees returning to the office once again.

*****

You'd think they'd shower more if they were confined to their homes. I mean, it's not like it'll interfere with any plans they might have.

I've been retired and home most days for 8 years now, yet my hygiene practices haven't changed. Matter of fact Lisa laughs at me because of my schedule - I shower between 3 and 4 in the afternoon instead of first thing in the morning or right before I go to bed like normal people.
Why? Because I've done physical labor all my life. I got into the habit of showering as soon as I got home so I wouldn't be going to bed with that day's sweat still on my body, and I can't shower right before I go to bed because it wakes me up instead of relaxing me.
As far as deodorant goes? First thing in the morning, first thing after I get out of the shower, and I've always kept a stick of deodorant in my locker at work. I don't like smelling me any more than you like smelling me.

9 comments:

  1. Same here, showering in the morning just meant I had to get earlier so unless I had work to do when I got home I usually hit the shower fairly fast and after a lot of years retired I still shower between 4 and 5 even if I spent the day just sitting on my ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been retired for 13 years. I also shower late in the afternoon, thought I was odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Hate going to bed still sweaty and dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hygiene suffers because people get "nose blind", they get used to the funk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here, doesn't make sense for me to shower before work because soon after work starts it will be like I never showered at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep! Before dinner. Working sweat, don't cha know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not attending to personal cleanliness or attire is often more of a symptom of depression than of laziness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I quit using deodorant several years ago. Took a hot minute to adapt but now it’s a natural chemistry and I don’t reek. I shower when I get home in the evening and sometimes rinse off in the morning to wake up. I’ll take a whore bath if I’m out camping or when I don’t have a bonafide shower to use - Roaddevil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "....and I don't think I reek."

      There, I fixed it for you. Most people are unaware of their own body odor.

      Delete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.