Pages


Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Gee, I wonder what tipped them off?

An already incarcerated man and two of his family members are accused of selling drugs inside the Harris County jail and laundering money.

During a news conference on Tuesday, District Attorney Kim Ogg and Kimberly Smith, a prosecutor with the DA's public corruption division, announced newly filed charges of engaging in organized criminal activity against 35-year-old Joshua Sinclair Owens, his stepsister Lativia Armiss Bailey, 31, and Owens' cousin 42-year-old Nathanael Campbell.
MORE

2 comments:

  1. A really long time ago I got arrested in for DWFU in Houston. I stashed a bag of weed up my pants leg with a lighter and papers before the cop got me out of the truck. Off to the Harris County jail we go. This was only about 8pm so the place wasn't too busy. With about 4 cops standing around me they said empty your pockets, take off you belt and take off your boots and turn them upside down. The bag of weed did not fall out of my pants leg. Down the corridor we go to the cell. The place was empty. I fell asleep and woke up around 2am. There were 3 other guys now in there with me. One of them said 'man, I wish we had a joint'. I whipped out the bag and we got stoned as hell. My future wife got me out around dawn. That was over 40 years ago and we're still together. Good Times

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dirty Dingus McGeeJuly 31, 2024 at 1:24 PM

    Not sure about county/state prisons, but fed doesn't have any limit on how much you can have in your account, only on how much you can spend, $360 per month. One of my buds is finishing up a stretch and his cellie is a "wise guy". Dude has over $100K in his account. His theory is that other than him, only a judge can do anything about that money and he says this is all legal money. When he gets out, BOP gives him the balance on a card to do what he pleases with it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.