Pages


Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Memphians to vote on gun control measures on November ballot

Memphis leaders are asking voters to approve or reject three gun control measures on the November ballot. The Memphis City Council approved the referendum in a 10-0 vote on Tuesday.

*****

All three are a waste of time. Tennessee has a law saying city law cannot supersede State law, and for good reason.
The first one in particular: You're going to tell me I can legally carry a gun without a permit anywhere else in the State of Tennessee but as soon as I cross into the Memphis city limits, I'll be guilty of breaking a law I may not even be aware of?

10 comments:

  1. It's typical Liberal Democrat tactics. If these shit local ordinances are enacted they'll be illegal, but the city Libs are banking on "Lawfare" to deter legal gun carriers. They’ll charge you and then you have to pay big bucks to shysters to fight it in court. BTW, don't count on the ACLU for a free ride either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tennessee also has preemption on firearm laws so this isn't gonna work like the spooks think.

    Rooster

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any law repugnant to The Constitution is null and void.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure it is, in theory. Practical applications show this to be false.

      Delete
  4. They need a law that says criminals cannot carry guns. Even the ones without a record. That will fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or, I could just stay my ass out of Memphis and spend my money someplace else until Tennessee.gov slaps Memphis.gov down.
    Then continue to stay may ass out of Memphis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What he said. All in spades.

      Delete
  6. Or if you've got some time on your hands, go to Memphis with a valid Tn carry permit and get arrested. Slam dunk 10-100K payment. Might take a year to get the money, but you will get paid. Hell, I'd have an attorney literally on speed dial - but wouldn't call until there was an arrest or other LE action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, I don't ever want to go to Memphis. I especially don't want to go to Shelby County jail. Uh-uh. I hear they do mean things to white boys there.

      Delete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.