Pages


Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Wen your day goes from bad to worse

A father-to-be from Mississippi may never walk again after falling off a ladder and suffering a spine injury.

For newlyweds Luke and Brianna Byrd, the morning of July 11 started off with the news they’d longed to hear: they were pregnant with their first child. However, the mood quickly shifted from excitement to panic when Brianna Byrd learned her husband was on his way to the hospital. He’d fallen nearly 15 feet off a ladder while working as a carpenter, WDAM reports.
MORE

3 comments:

  1. There's nothing that will get you heart pumpin real fast than being at the top of an 15 ft extension ladder when it begins to slide sideways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to tell my helpers, if I fall don't try to catch me just get the hell outta the way. I'm looking for a place to land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I guy who broke his neck doing that. He's a quadriplegic now, his wife takes care of him full time. His youngest was about 10 at the time, it's been years ago and they're all grown and left now. "He Fell off his roof."

    I've watched LOTS of ladder safety videos. Mandatory before they'll let you on the jobsite type things.There's a reason they emphasize it so much. Ladders are dangerous, heights are dangerous. You can kill yourself with a fall of less than 6' if you land wrong, and that doesn't even involve what you're landing on.

    JOhn G.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.