Pages


Thursday, August 15, 2024

No field trips for dummies

FAYETTE COUNTY, Tenn. — Parents in Fayette County are upset after hearing the county’s public school system is canceling field trips because of low scores on math and reading.

The announcement was posted on social media by a school board member and parents are just now finding out.
MORE

*****

I have to agree with the one parent. I always learned more about a subject from a field trip than I ever did sitting in some stuffy classroom.

6 comments:

  1. The beatings will continue until morale improves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember teachers’ unions and school administrators only have the best interests of their students at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The problem is DEI school staff, not the kids. Amish have their kids in school 3 or 4 hours a day, spend the rest of the day working and OJT. Also if I recall properly, they're done by 6th grade and know WAY more than secular school kids by 12th grade. Modern schools are for obedience training, not learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're also remarkably literate and articulate, despite not being out 'in the world.' Outsiders are under the mistaken impression that an 8th grade education equals stupidity. It really doesn't.

      Delete
  4. I learned more from going out and doing than I ever learned in school but then I grew up on the farm and still here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My parents were former teachers, but every year when hunt camp week came up, (ten miles back in the Maine woods, reached by farm tractor) I was included. I learned more about the world there than a week in the classroom. Now, at 70, the tradition continues, teaching grandkids about nature......and blowing shit up with Tannerite. HA!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.