Pages


Friday, September 27, 2024

Young America Is Right To Reject Traditional News

It’s become a truism in the past few years that younger people get their news predominantly, if not entirely, from social media. Turns out it’s true, but it may not be an information crisis, as some would have you believe.

Of course, as an old-time newspaperman, I was one of those who thought that the country was not being served well by this increasing dependency on unvetted news sources and the implied repudiation of traditional media. How could the country survive if the next generations turned their back on the trusted voices of the New York Times, the Washington Post, CBS, NBC, ABC, and “the most trusted name in news” – CNN?
MORE

3 comments:

  1. I have news for the author, us older people left the mainstream bullshit as well. I occasionally catch my local leftist crap news channel but it's only to get the weather predictions. The rest of their crap is straight from the leftist talking points that feeds BS to all the " major news networks".
    JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kenny just wanted to wish you the best, I hope the remnants of Helene don't have too severe an impact up where you are. I know you've got gas stacked and your chainsaws ready.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're fine. We've gotten a couple inches of rain and light winds today, and I doubt it'll get any worse. If it does get nasty, you're right - I've got my generator ready, plenty of gas, and my saw's chains are freshly sharpened.
      Thanks for thinking of me.

      Delete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.