There’s a couple of issues where I might run into opposition among the readership and that’s all right, we can disagree and one might even enlighten the other. No harm, no foul.
First of all: data centers. I’ve already registered my complaints against them, not theoretical, political complaints, but issues that directly affect myself and my property. I question the need for the vast amount of the data centers being built and the incredible amount of debt being racked up to get them into place before the public has a say in their construction. As a capitalist, it’s hard to deny that corporations that buy land have a right to build on that land whatever they want. However, a corporation should not be able to buy a parcel of land straddling a river and block the river with a damn to generate electricity, if it floods land they don’t own.