Pages


Friday, January 21, 2011

MLK links for those that wanted them

Hey, I got a couple of requests after my MLK post the other day and said I would post my references today. Hey, it was no easy task to find this shit, believe me.
Anonymous wanted to know where I got the information about him being a Viet Cong sympathizer and Jerry wanted to know where he could find where King compared US Forces in Viet Nam to Nazis.
Well, luckily for me both were in the same fucking speech so I didn't have to subject myself to too much of his bullshit.

The remarks were in his speech given on the 4th of April 1967 at the Riverside Church in New York City and the speech was titled "Beyond Viet Nam: A Time to Break the Silence".
You can read the entire speech at:
http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45a/058.html

Jerry, find below the paragraphs that compare US Forces to the Nazis. I wouldn't make anybody read the bullshit speech for just this little bit, but if you want to do so to get the proper context, you'll find it about halfway down the page I gave the link for.
I've included the paragraphs before and after for you also.


They watch as we poison their water, as we kill a million acres of their crops. They must weep as the bulldozers roar through their areas preparing to destroy the precious trees. They wander into the hospitals, with at least twenty casualties from American firepower for one "Vietcong"-inflicted injury. So far we may have killed a million of them -- mostly children. They wander into the towns and see thousands of the children, homeless, without clothes, running in packs on the streets like animals. They see the children, degraded by our soldiers as they beg for food. They see the children selling their sisters to our soldiers, soliciting for their mothers.

What do the peasants think as we ally ourselves with the landlords and as we refuse to put any action into our many words concerning land reform? What do they think as we test our latest weapons on them, just as the Germans tested out new medicine and new tortures in the concentration camps of Europe? Where are the roots of the independent Vietnam we claim to be building? Is it among these voiceless ones?

We have destroyed their two most cherished institutions: the family and the village. We have destroyed their land and their crops. We have cooperated in the crushing of the nation's only non-Communist revolutionary political force -- the unified Buddhist church. We have supported the enemies of the peasants of Saigon. We have corrupted their women and children and killed their men. What liberators?


In this same speech, King also perpetuates the myth that black men were sent to Viet Nam in disproportionate numbers, something that has been disproven. You can find those facts, figures and actual numbers in the book "Dirty Little Secrets of the Viet Nam War". At least I think that's the name of the book - it's been quite a while since I read it.

And let me head this one off at the pass: I don't hate Dr. King for his brave and remarkable civil rights actions. The reason I dislike the motherfucker is (as this speech shows) because he's a traitorous piece of shit that planted discourse and doubt in the minds of soldiers both black and white when what they needed was his support.
I feel the same about King as I do Jane Fonda, Tom Hayden, Joan Baez, Cindy Sheehan, Barack Obama and every other piece of garbage that sympathizes with the enemy.

Y'all have a nice day........

1 comment:

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.