Pages


Saturday, March 12, 2011

Priorities, ya know?

MODESTO — Another Apple product launch, another long line at the Vintage Faire Mall.
More than 100 customers lined up Friday afternoon, waiting to get into the Apple store for a new iPad 2.
The second-generation tablet device was going on sale across the country at 5 p.m. local time.

Modesto Bee - DARRYL BUSH/dbush@modbee.com - A large crowd waits in line to buy the "ipad 2" a few hours before it goes on sale today at 5:00 PM, at The Apple Store at Vintage Faire Mall, in Modesto, Calif., on Friday, March 11, 2011.

The Cupertino company opened online sales of the iPad 2 at 4 a.m. Eastern time, well before they became available in stores.
Apple fans everywhere, including those in New York, were eager to get their hands on the device as they waited at the company’s Apple’s Fifth Avenue store.
The line of customers, including some who traveled from Japan and Russia, snaked through the street-level plaza above the subterranean store while bystanders gawked at the crowd.


I have no idea what these iPads go for (nor do I care) but I do know what my time is worth and I'll be damned if I would wait in line for hours and hours to buy something that I really don't need and will be widely available in a few days anyways.
Stupid fuckers.

7 comments:

  1. Members of The Cult of Jobs.
    Most Apple products are OK, but not as good as the fanbois claim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many years ago I made myself a promise to never stand in line again, at least not for very damned long... These people are consumed by their devices...

    And their brains are fried...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe if they wait in the line long enough they'll be able to buy the version 3 which will probably be out later this year... stupid fucks....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going alittle far to keep up with the Jones. Looks like in Modesto it is keeping up with the Garcias.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, you little racist.
    I only see one guy that looks like he ain't a homeboy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black!!!! And I'm not little. 5'4" is tall to most 3 year olds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only line I'd stand in weer if they were handing out a million dollars. I won't wait more than 10 minutes at a restaurant for a seat. I did enough of that shit in the Navy.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.