Pages


Saturday, December 10, 2011

You can take the boy out of the country......

A new priest, born and raised in Texas, comes to serve in a city parish and is nervous about hearing confessions, so he asks the older priest to sit in on his sessions.
The new priest hears a couple of confessions, then the old priest asks him to step out of the confessional for a few suggestions.

The old priest suggests, "Cross your arms over your chest, and rub your chin with one hand and try saying things like 'yes, I see,' and 'yes, go on,' and 'I understand.'"
The new priest crosses his arms, rubs his chin with one hand and repeats all the suggested remarks to the old priest.
The old priest says, "Now, don't you think that's a little better than slapping your knee and saying, "No shit, what happened next?"
 
-Rob

2 comments:

  1. Man, I'm surprised, I saw this and I was like "Damn, another idiot redneck talking about how much he hates Obama most likely because he's black." I read through this stuff and you have some very valid points, you may look like a redneck but I can tell also by the way you articulate yourself that you actually know what you're talking about. Good for you, man.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.