Pages


Monday, June 11, 2012

Damn, it actually worked!

About 5 years ago I had a weak moment (okay, I was fucked up beyond help that night) and joined the NRA again after about a 20 year lapse in membership.
Well, my membership was close to running out this year and I started getting the deluge of emails and snail mail begging me to renew and send them more of my money.
Fuck that.
Finally getting tired of all their mail and refusal to quit sending me their shit after my repeated requests, I took one of my III Percent business cards (see my sidebar for a picture), wrote the URL of Knuckledraggin, III Percent Patriots and Green Mountain Homesteading across it and sent it back. Nothing else, just those 3 links.
I haven't heard a fucking word from them since.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks my man. I left the NRA for the same reasons. Posted something new for the twerps to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been shredding their renewals for several years now. Hypocrites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ammount of the memberships money they spend on mailings could go for a better cause. That's one of the reasons I dropped them.
    Papa Mike
    III

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a differing opinion: The reason I remain a member is to help support their gun safety programs especially for kids.

    Gun safety is paramount in my book and I too often see the most egregious of safety violations at ranges among people who are supposedly well-versed in the handling of guns. There are people I know I won't shoot with anymore because they own too many guns and not one fucking lick of common sense when it comes to safety.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is funny about the NRA is how they have taken over the Fast and Furious narrative and now pretend it was all them from the beginning.

    There have been, and are, some kick ass people in the NRA headquarters - but LaPierre is a sleazy cocksucker from the word go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what I did was to cut out there pre paid stamp and put it on a box filled with dirt about 45 to 50 lbs ans sent it back to them , After 4 boxes I have not heard a word from them

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.