Pages


Friday, July 06, 2012

On this Day in History.....

It was right about this time one year ago today that I came rolling in from the Package Store with three 12-packs of Augie Busch's finest and a big ol' bag of spicy porkrinds, getting ready to tie one on and get roarin' fucked up. I can remember the date well because it was also the occasion of the last beer that I've drank. Drinking the actual beer I don't remember too well, if at all, but I haven't drank since that night. Or morning. Whatever.
So yeah, I haven't taken a lovely, cool, refreshing, sparkling drink in a motherfucking year.
Coincidentally, Lisa moved in one year ago tomorrow. Kinda funny how that worked out, huh?

10 comments:

  1. I am more than proud of you. I drink, smoke and generaly have a grand time being slightly different from myself.
    Being different from myself is interesting, I am more out going, but I find also that I become a boar.
    Not real sure that "Not Drinking" is in my future, but I give you a Hearty Salute and a "I Love ya Bro"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrat`s, the longer you stay away from that stuff ,the less you`ll care about it. I quit all that shit 29yrs. ago last May and it`s probably why I`m still alive. Been in some awkward situation`s since tho ,being out with friend`s and them thinking I was refusing to drink with them .

    ReplyDelete
  3. 23 years here. I don't miss it one bit. Works for some but it stopped working well for me. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you go girl. ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did the same thing in 1979 when I decided that I was going to marry that sweet thing I woke up next to this morning. Figured, with my history, it was the smart move. I don't regret it a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on You, Sir!

    Cruachan!

    Highlander

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Congrats. I'm getting closer and closer to doing the same thing. I always have a good time getting hammered, but the cost to my body is getting way to high. Two nights ago i pulled into Oakland to see some friends - ended up sleeping in my vehicle. Today is morning two, and I still feel like shit!

    You have planted a seed. If you can do it...

    What do you do when you get that feeling that shit is building up and you have to reset your yourself with a good drunk?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, wirecutter. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, man. I have never mustered the will power to stop for that long.

    (Reaching for more aspirin as I type because my buddy had to introduce me to his vodka margaritas late last night.)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.