A basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:
- Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
- Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Manual can opener for food
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers, inverter or solar charger
Stupid motherfuckers. Nowhere on that list do I see at least one handgun, rifle and shotgun with a minimum of 500 rounds for each, or smoke bombs to cover my movements or escape, or enough dog food to keep CharlieGodammit from eating me, or a battery powered sawzall to cut new doorways through the walls, or steel plates with handles welded on to use as bullet shields under the windows, or strobes to distract my attackers.
What the fuck kind of list is that?
Yeah, wipe your face with your towelette and blow your whistle and figure out how to use that manual can opener while you wait for FEMA to come save your grasshopper ass.