After we let dog #1 (henceforth aka. Shit eater) back in the house at 11:00 p.m. Sunday evening, dog #3 wakes us up barking like she never does at 2:00 a.m. Well, dog #1 was flopping all over the floor like a damn fish out of the water, shitting and vomiting everywhere (like she was on a bad drunk but we knew she did not have any alcohol with us that evening). I grab Shit Eater up and run to the truck (knowing she was poisoned in some manner) as my girlfriend shuts the other two dog in the dog room (yes, with the vomit & shit, Oops. Later on that). Thirty miles one way later we arrive at the 24 hour emergency vet clinic and admit our Shit Eater for medical assistance (after we pay up front of course), they keep her for observation because of the shape she was in.
Two hours later, upon arriving home at 4:00 a.m., we walk into the dog room to see dog #2 (henceforth aka. Vomit Eater)having epileptic seizures in the corner of the room and I’m talking NOT able to even standup , FUCK, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??? So we load up dog #2 & dog #3 although she was showing no signs of any impairment, and BACK to the vet’s office we go. Vomit Eater got to share the upper pin above Shit Eater, both with their own I.V.’s installed. Dog #3 was fine and we took her home with us. Twelve hours later we went back and picked up Shit Eater and Vomit Eater, they were still not 100% but were a damn site better than when we left them there.
Here is the PSA I referred to earlier. We went through ALL of what could possibly be the cause of all of this (spraying for bug’s earlier in the day, chocolate, etc., etc.) with the vet to no avail. That was until we got back home at 6:00 a.m. that morning and started cleaning up the mess Shit Eater had gifted us, as we checked what was left of Shit Eaters vomit (that vomit eater did not devour) we found the remnants of a Mushroom, yes, I said a Mushroom. Never in my life nor my girl friends has any of our dogs eaten Mushrooms but there it was in living Walt Disney color vomit (H/T to Bert Reynolds). Let it be know mushrooms are worse for dogs than chocolate, by far and they will eat them too. As I am not a good writer, please edit as you see fit if you post this. I hope this got the message across, to eliminate the mushrooms in your yard, as they can not only be costly but deadly as well. We were lucky, this time.
All the best to you & yours,