Pages


Sunday, September 02, 2012

To a Patriot Guard Rider at Pop's funeral from Julie III

Got this from Julie III a little bit ago with a request that I post it.

While leaving Pops service yesterday, I nearly ran in to a Patriot rider in the vestibule.
Older, gray beard, about 5'10", leathers, with a 'Nam patch on left upper side of vest.
I said, "Oops sorry, thank you for your service."
He replied, "No, thank you. The redheaded whirl-wind, right?"
I was gobsmacked.
I smiled and nodded.
ONLY way was if he was a reader of Kenny's Blog.

Sir, I thank you for taking time out of your holiday weekend to honor one of our fallen.
How in the world you connected me as the 'red headed whirl-wind' is beyond my comprehension, I try to keep a low profile.

So please....out yourself.

Julie III

9 comments:

  1. I don't think any of us have a clear idea how far and wide the III to III message has gotten. But that doesn't mean it can't travel farther. Spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep checking, here and there, no word yet.
    Damn I wish I got his name.
    -J III

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, I haven't heard anything either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie III
    from what i have read here you are a rare breed im not a III im just me alone traveling light and well heeled ;)

    keep your powder dry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon, if you're the guy she ran into would you email me at
    k59lane@yahoo.com?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wirecutter
    im not the fella you seek
    hope you find him if he chooses to remain anon respect his wishes
    i am not a III i not old enough to be a nam vet but have good friends who are on my vest is a ace of spades that i wear for those friends
    some day when their time grows short i hope they meet someone like JulieIII a rare breed indeed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool, thanks for letting me know.

    Partner, you may not claim III but if you ride a bike, you love your freedom and you're probably very independent. If you also believe in our Constitution and wish for a return to a Constitutional government to pursue your freedoms and you're willing to stand up and fight for what you believe in, then I'd say you've got a pretty damned good handle on The III.
    Email me sometime. We'll talk more about it if you'd like.
    -Kenny

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.