Pages


Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A rough day here in central California


Here's me and WiscoDave's email conversation this morning. He was sniveling because it was a little cool in the Great White North until he heard about our severe winter weather here in California.


Our barnyard this AM - I already had cleared with the tractor. This is since I left - wife is stuck at home today...
Actually didn't snow that much - blowing like a WH intern though!

*****

Holy shit. It was 70 degrees here day before yesterday and dropped to 65 yesterday, supposed to rain today. So yeah, we're suffering here too.

*****

Hang in there! I'll put your struggles in my prayers!!

*****

Man, you don't know how much I appreciate that. Might even have to turn the furnace back on if the temps keep plunging.
Winds are starting to blow hard now. Gusts up to 4-5 miles an hour. Damn, and I packed all my winter clothes back up last month.

*****

Damnit man, get to shelter right the fuck now! I'm serious!!!
Steady 25-35mph with gusts well over 40. Shit, I can lean into that without falling over; you on the other hand have to be real careful you don't fall over leaning into the gale you have!
I'm not Catholic but I'll light a candle for you just in case.

*****

I'm breaking out the prep foods right now. We're expecting a half inch of rain according to the stormwatch on TV, so I may have to get my float tubes out so we can get to safety.
Thanks for the candle - we can't afford to waste candles with a storm as severe as this and may have to heat our rations with both of ours. 

*****

God be with all of you! I hope I can sleep through the worry.....

4 comments:

  1. You guys are Awesome!!! Thanks for the laughs :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the weather channel will name the storm Gorilla Monsoon.
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorilla Monsoon...
    he's on the WRESTLING channel, not weather channel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, thanks a lot, I hope your shoe didn't get wet.............:-p

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.