Pages


Sunday, February 24, 2013

Trading Post site update

The Patriot's Trading Post site is well on it's way to becoming active. The domain name and hosting have been purchased and I'm playing with the site  trying to figure out how to work it to my satisfaction. There's a bit of a learning curve and yeah, it keeps throwing me curve balls. Like I was telling the customer support babe last night when I was having problems with the domain, "I ain't real bright. I know it, my friends know it, and I'm fine with it. Now do your stuff."

I decided to go with a Wordpress platform because I use a Blogger platform for this site and I figured it would be very similar. It is in some respects but in others, not so much. For instance here's the problem I ran into this morning: with blogger if I want to give an email address with putting the actual address out there I can go above my text box, click 'link' then when that box opens I insert the address, and then type 'contact' and then hit OK and 'Contact' appears in my test box instead of the actual address. For some reason on Wordpress the 'link' button isn't highlighted for me. This is important because you don't want your contact information visible to keep from getting spammed by Abdul. It can't be that hard but it's something I need to work through. By the way, if you know the answer, let me know.
But that's just one example. True, most of it's minor shit but it's gotta be worked through.

The good news is that I'm working on it. The site is actually up and running so I've added the old-time header that Zoomie graciously provided me with, I've written the 'about me' page, I'm working on the few rules (as few as possible) that are needed, added some categories and pages (still need to do one for Patriot Stores) and done some other shit. I just need to get things down pat before I announce it - when I'm blogging I can learn as I go and take my sweet-ass time but when somebody is paying me to put up an ad, I need to be able to do it right away without going "What the fuck.....?"
The bad news is that sometimes I get tired of working on it and go back to my room, shut the door and roll around nekkid in my ammo stash.

I did learn a valuable lesson with this, though. Don't talk about something until it's ready. I hate working under pressure.

Oh yeah. It's not going to be Patriot's Trading Post - there already was a Patriotstradingpost.net so I changed the name. Actually, Zoomie did. He sent me several header styles and the new name was one one of them.

So yeah, it's in the works and getting done.

5 comments:

  1. Getting nekkid and rolling around in my ammo stash could be fun except for the armor piercing rounds in there. Then again, I suppose if I rolled around in all of it, it would be a pain in the butt to rebox all the rounds. Good luck with the new site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff--don't sweat it, we can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this Brother, yea I know, pain In The Ass does not do it justice. But thanks anyway HAHAHAHA.. If I can help let me know, just remember there is a lot of miles tween us. You are family, you are one of my "Brothers In Arms" and that is thicker than Blood sometimes. CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Word press - right click and highlight the text - the "Link" Icon will then be active.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.