Pages


Saturday, October 20, 2012

Things you might find on me at any given time


From left to right (thanks, Tripseven): A Buck 119, probably the best all around camp knife ever made. Pop's Air Force survival knife that he carried on his last tour in Vietnam. A SOG NW Ranger, the sexiest fucking knife I have ever held. My new Kershaw OSO Sweet, sans clip. My Buck 110, I never leave home without it. A custom knife that was a gift from Brother Phil up in Reno, one of the best skinning knives I have ever used - well balanced and holds a razor edge, light but with enough backbone to crack through a coyote knee.
Top: An antique straight razor I've owned and carried for years and years. A Buck 373 for the little shit like peeling fruit and detailed skinning around the lips and eyeballs.
Bottom: A Marine Ka-Bar, unarguable the finest fighting knife ever made - heavy, well balanced, no finger grooves to mess up your grip and a steel pommel for whacking fuckers in the head.
So my everyday carry knives are the Buck 110, the 373, and the Kershaw. All 3 of them. Sometimes I also carry a neck knife (not pictured) or one of the other knives pictured above, depending on what I have going on that day or where I may be going. Pops survival knife got permantly retired to my safe 2 months ago today, but I carried that thing for years anytime I was up in the mountains.
I've got a few more laying around here and there - especially skinning knives, at least a half dozen, but these are the knives that I turn to when I need a job done right.

19 comments:

  1. Okay, so the SOG NW Ranger isn't an everyday, but it IS the sexiest fucking knife you've ever held. Just exactly when do you carry that one, wc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I as well have a SOG, vintage 69

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason... your Buck 110 is the one my eye is most drawn to... would love to feel that in my hand.
    I love how you keep them sharp and ready...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with ya on the 110. My 4 yr old (ie my wife bought for him to give to me) got me the 110 E for last Christmas. The only difference between that one and yours is what the handle is made from. Mine is a little lighter, so it handles better in my dockers pocket at work. I also added a screw on thumb stud. I can pop it open almost as fast as my Kershaw, and it's assisted opening.

    Good looking knives man.
    Riley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right to left...

    Who's left, yours or mine?

    Nobody caught this?

    Rookies I tell ya...flat footed rookies LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn those pain pills..... At least I got the top and bottom part right.
    Corrected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just consider the source and adjust accordingly...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I'm so goddamned Right wing that I never do anything left first. I don't even make left turns.
    This one just caught me bt surprise.
    You're banned, Wiserangel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carry a Spydeco with tierap as a thumb start.
    No room for anything else. (2-mags, 2 sets of keys, wallet, buncha quarters for the paper/ parking, and a phone.
    That and a IWB with a govt. is enough to pull my pants off.
    Fuck Obama!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only caught it cuz Im out of pain pills LOL.

    Honestly...I had to break out my Buck to make sure I knew what the fork I was talkin bout!

    WC...ya cant f*** up top or bottom since the outcum is the same either way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah? Well, I carry nail clippers, big fucking toenail clippers. So there.

    Just kidding, that's a collection to envy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very manly, and a frightening assortment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't carry this daily but it is my go to field knife for 90% of my field craft

    http://heinnie.com/os8z6d335683/Knives/John-Nowill/John-Nowill-Survival-Knife/p-92-153-1159/

    I bought mine back in 86 when I was still in the Reserves through Brigade Quartermasters. Trying to find one from a US distributor is a bit hard now, but mine has chopped through saplings, dug fire pits and cat hole latrines, and I've even used it a few times to open beer bottles by knocking off the necks with the spine of the blade. My daily carry knives are my Victorinoix Swiss Tool and my Victorinoix Tinker SAK.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Banned?! I didn't do anything. Sheesh, you're touchy.

    at least we know rpm is still alive

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, like I said on Irish's site - I have a Finnish friend.

    He gave me a Puukko (and I always take it camping and keep it handy "just in case"). It's the sharpest freakin' knife I've ever had).

    You should get one too.

    It's sort of a Sissipuukko, but the sheath is a little more decorative.

    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh I feel like such a pussy only carrying a little 2 blade Old Timer .
    Montanasmama

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well Montanasmama, if you were a man I'd agree with you and there being so many fine substitute penises to choose from......

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well WC, you have beat on the varity of my knives but I do have a 119 and daily carry the 110, GMTA.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.