Pages


Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Camo for the resistance fighter

Had a reader send me a picture of him decked out in his new black fighting gear and asked me what I thought about it. I told him to start over. It looked great the way he had it set up but the color was a mistake.
Think about it: Who wears black gear? Cops. If somebody is coming at me in a hostile situation wearing black fighting gear, I'm dropping his ass, no questions asked.
Matter of fact, that goes for military style woodland or desert camo if it all matches. The rage nowadays for wanna-be elite cops is to be all decked out in camo. Hey, I've got nothing against camo - I wear it myself daily - but around here we're all a bunch of poor country boy hunters. We mix and match our shit up depending on what's laundered or not. It's not unusual to see any of my buddies wearing three different camo patterns at the same time - similar but not matched. Matter of fact, today I was wearing a Realtree fall pattern shirt, winter pattern gloves and a MilSpec desert camo hat and they'd all been worn and washed so much you really couldn't tell which was which.
I bet that if you got 5 of my partners together and posed for a group picture you'd see at least 10 or 12 different camo patterns.
Let me put it this way - if it looks issued, shoot it.

9 comments:

  1. Followed by "take that shit out and roll around in the dirt with it" and USE it. Not only can you make sure it will actually work how you want it, you will see how it holds up too. Nothing says "Issued" like brand spanky new and all matching ninja gear.

    New stuff sure is nice sometimes though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, sad but true we never have matching shit, well my jacket kinda matches my pants, but its all surplus stuff.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear ASAT! Don't shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely! i saw the local pd "swat" team on the news the other day, downtown, wearing exact to mil spec desert ACU fatigues complete with arm pathes and chest ranks. and desert boots in winter. not to mention lowride holsters, pants tucked in. one f%^k had camo on his fricking face! then the idiots kicked the door and started screaming in unison making damn sure you couldn't make out "police!". i told the sheriff they will all die if they ever run into a real badguy. he wasn't pleased...oh, point made on the nra. they got my money this year but thats the last they'll see of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please be careful! When me and my guys in the Armed Forces come to help, we'll be wearing III patches on our matching cami's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good shit here guys. Thank you for confirming my thoughts on this. I really appreciate what Wirecutter and others do to keep us informed with common sense ideas and suggestions. You are the best! I am a better person for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kenny,

    Many Militia outfits wear matching cammo. Our unit uses MARPAT, and OD webgear. We all have Militia patches and III% patches, Gadsden flags etc.

    Some of us even have Kevlar pots.
    IFF will not be easy, but it will be important.Of course our urban camo is different.(wink)

    Think before you shoot, it may be the good guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Then they damned sure better let me know their intentions as they're coming in, Sir.
    Longer hair, beards and an assortment of weapons helps.
    Thanks for your input.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Longer hair, beards and an assortment of weapons helps".

    Yep, that describes us hill folk pretty well.


    http://ovmcpg.blogspot.com/

    I can see a use for the old white flag parley coming back in style soon.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.