Pages


Thursday, May 02, 2013

Can you say 'Stasi'?

Florida House and Senate budget leaders have awarded Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw $1 million for a new violence prevention unit aimed at preventing tragedies like those in Newtown, Conn., and Aurora, Colo., from occurring on his turf.
Bradshaw plans to use the extra $1 million to launch “prevention intervention” units featuring specially trained deputies, mental health professionals and caseworkers. The teams will respond to citizen phone calls to a 24-hour hotline with a knock on the door and a referral to services, if needed.

We want people to call us if the guy down the street says he hates the government, hates the mayor and he’s gonna shoot him,” Bradshaw said. “What does it hurt to have somebody knock on a door and ask, ‘Hey, is everything OK?’ ”

5 comments:

  1. Enter the thought police. Minority Report comes alive. You can bet that this will be abused and then they will run out of money. I'd just not answer the door, they can go get a warrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My state. My county. My sheriff.

    I'm beginning to compose a letter to Sheriff Bradshaw. No doubt it will save the time of having one of my neighbors report me.

    Storm's comin'. And it's gonna be a hard rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan, the way I read it is that is in the proposed budget. Allowed to stay by my idiot state senator Negron (R). I fired off an email to him today. I would hope they are overwhelmed by protesting subjects. Top of page on Drudge and Limbough talked about it in opening monologue.
    Governor has line item veto so he will be the next on my list.
    Terry
    St. Lucie County

    ReplyDelete
  4. “What does it hurt to have somebody knock on a door and ask, ‘Hey, is everything OK?’ ”

    Two words: Steven Dons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because what I say or do is none of your goddamned business until, and only until, I break one of your laws.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.