Pages


Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Fears Of Nationwide 9MM Ammo Shortage Sparks Panic Hoarding

The evolution of Americans panic hoarding during the COVID-19 pandemic has ultimately led to the stocking up on guns and ammo.

Gun shop owners report while there are no weapon shortages yet, a run on ammo has undoubtedly been seen across the country.

We first documented the run on guns and ammo in mid-March, identifying shops across many states with long lines of patrons, waiting to get their hands on AR-15s, shotguns, and handguns, along with the ammo for each respective weapon.
MORE
-WiscoDave

*****

They're a little late on this. Every site I've been to in the past month is either sold out of common calibers or there's a significant waiting time. On top of that, prices have gone through the roof - couple months ago brass cased 5.56 FMJ was right at 21 cents a round. A quick check on my go-to site, ammoseek.com, just now is showing 32 cents a round, down from 41 cents a week ago.
150 grain 300 Blackout was at 41 cents a round 2 months ago, today it's priced at 64 cents, no drop in price from 2 weeks ago.

16 comments:

  1. Anyone serious about having firearms for defense should have taken the heads up from the Obuttface administration and stocked up then. Once a major and sometimes even a minor crisis starts is way too late to be even THINKING ABOUT stocking up on any necessities like ammo and food.

    Nemo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome to 2008, lol

      Same thing happened then, more people bought guns then 'surprise!' guess what they bought next

      Delete
  2. Through the years, during normal times, I've bought a couple of boxes here and there of various calibers.
    I have thousands of rounds stashed back and have no need to buy ammo for quite a while since I have reloading dies for every caliber I own plus the shotshell loader.
    Why people wait until the "last minute" to get shit is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free shipping and No Hazmat enticements seem to have vanished as well, assuming you can find somebody with anything on the shelves.

    Yes, I'd like me some of that 357mm Magnum for a Glock & Wesson, please. Make it the big ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever my count goes under 1000 rounds, I usually reorder, so we're looking at once a year or so...9mm, when you can get it in bulk has jumped 30% and that's from good, reputable places...am awaiting confirmation from Natchez, for an order I placed last Friday, supposedly in stock...stay tuned, this will be gettin fugly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those are rookie numbers....add a zero and you are getting closer....

      Delete
  5. I have 2 ammo boxes full of 9mm, I don't even have one of those little pea shooters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm already well stocked. Do I want more? Sure, who don't? But I won't pay crazy panic prices. I will buy a box or two reasonably priced 9mm from a LGS but I won't pay .35 a round for alum/steel 9.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 20+ year old 22LR for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. y'all just buying guns and ammo now? bless your heart...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since my wife is handicapped, and just had a shoulder replacement, the best she can do with a handgun right now is my little Ruger SR22. Only problem with that is the round it shoots - .22LR. I wanted her to have something she can shoot accurately, but with less recoil than a .223 in an AR. Enter a pistol-caliber carbine, specifically, the Ruger PC9. It starts out with the low recoil of 9mm, but you can buy several aftermarket items to further reduce recoil. Plus, it has the accuracy of a carbine. Add a red dot sight to it, and that takes it to another level. So, I ordered one a month ago. Still waiting on delivery.

    Got this e-mail this morning about some Speer Lawman 9mm I ordered:

    Sanders,

    Your order number xxxxxxx at SGAmmo.com has been updated.

    Order status: Completed

    Only problem is, I don't have anything to shoot it in, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are going to hoard anything, it should be meat and vegetables right now. But makes sure you aren't hoarding food for someone who hoarded guns and ammo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ammoseek has aluminum cased Federal at 18 Cents a round right now. Brass case 20 cents a round

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.